Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p+ SelectItem some keys to not work in unexpanded pickList

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm in the process of updating from 12.0p to current 12.1p and noticed a problem with SelectItem.
    Please see this SelectItem sample (v12.1p_2022-06-18, FF 101.0.1, Edge 102.0.1245.44 / Win10) and try this:
    • Tab to the "Category"-SelectItem
    • In the closed SelectItem Up, Down, Pg-Up, Pg-Down do work, but Pos1 and End don't (unexpected)
    • Open the pickList with Alt-Down
    • Here all six keys work as expected

This happens in 12.0p/12.1p/13.0p, but for me 12.1p is the important one, but the issue itself is minor to me.

Best regards
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 20 Jun 2022, 05:52.

Hi Isomorphic,

did you see this one? Of course it's very minor, but perhaps worth checking.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Blama
      We've made a change to address this in 12.1 and above
      The reason this was never implemented is that if the SelectItem is databound, the data may not be fully loaded when the user hits the End or Home key, so we may not be able to synchronously jump to the appropriate value.
      However there's actually no reason to completely disallow this interaction - we've now made a change so if the row isn't loaded it will get loaded when the user attempts to navigate to it with Home and End keys.
      This is exactly the same behavior that occurs on arrow-up / arrow-down when a record is not yet loaded in the pickList's data set

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

retesting with v12.1p_2022-09-09/v13.0p_2022-09-09 I can see that all the six navigation keys behave the same.

Thank you & Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X