Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Errors with InitListener with New Instance of Tomcat

Hello,

I have recently installed a Tomcat instance on my laptop and am attempting to get our application up and running locally for development purposes. We have the application on some of our development servers configured similarly without any issues.

I have placed our application structure in the Tomcat Install's webapps directory. After starting the server, I am able to get to the Tomcat landing page and manager page, but get a 404 error when trying to access or application. The server logs show an error related to the InitListener listener and I haven't been able to find anything else pointing me to what may be the issue.

I have attached the logs, the web.xml, log4j.ics.config.xml, and the server.properties file. Additional system information is below. Please let me know what else I can provide to make it easier for assistance.

Platform: Windows 10
    Tomcat Version: 10.0.23
    Java Version: 1.8.0_281
    SmartClient Version: v12.1p_2021-06-05/Pro Deployment

Thanks!

Jason
    Attached Files

Looks like you don’t have the javax.servlet package.

Note we are not in the stack trace and none of our code is executing yet - this is just a broken Tomcat setup.

Comment

Thanks for the help! It looks like Tomcat 10 uses the Jakarta servlet and requires all the class code be recompiled. A documented change when upgrading from v9.

Comment

Aha, thanks for posting the solution. This page will likely end up ranking high for the error message, so you might help quite a few people out.

Comment

Working...
        X