Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.1p+ Font in ListGrid rotatedTitles looks distorted in Firefox

Hi Isomorphic,

the font in the rotatedTitles-sample looks strange (not crisp at all) using v12.1p_2022-09-14 / v13.0p_2022-09-14 in Firefox 104 under Win10 (FullHD, no system zoom, no browser zoom). This is not happening in Chromium 104 on the same system.
    I don't think this has always been the case, but I'm not sure.

Also, the column width between 12.1p and 13.0p is very different. I'm not sure what's intended here.

Please see the attacked screenshot.

Best regards
    Blama

Click image for larger version

Name:	RotatedTitles.png
Views:	115
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	268682

We don't see any disfiguration of the font in FF104 with that sample - the font perhaps looks a little different. In both Chrome and FF, we apply standard CSS to get the rotation: "transform:rotate(180deg);writing-mode:tb-rl". Perhaps you're seeing some regression in FF that will be fixed by the next release?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

you are right, DOM the same in FF and Chromium and if I disable the rotation rules in Firefox, I get a crisp font again. So it seems to be a Firefox issue.
      I'm not sure if it always has been like this in Firefox or if it is a regression.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSS diabled.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	268726

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I opened the sample again by chance and noticed that the font it is looking sharp now for me (v12.1p_2023-06-24, Win11, FF114, 4K, no browser zoom).
        I'll double check tomorrow with Win10, FF114, FullHD, no browser zoom, but it seems that this was a Firefox regression indeed.

Best regards
        Blama

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

unfortunately this still looks distorted on Win10, FF114, FullHD, no browser zoom. But even if this is not a regression, this might be a Firefox issue.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X