Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Save View MenuItem is disabled

SmartClient Version: v13.0p_2022-09-26/AllModules Development Only (built 2022-09-26)

Hello, I was trying the 'Saved Views' samples, and then I noticed that if I choose a grid from another random sample, ie:

https://smartclient.com/smartclient-...izeIncrease=10

the "Save View..." MenuItem is always disabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-09-27 09.53.26.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	268758

Is it a bug, or am I missing something?
    Attached Files

The "Save View..." option is disabled for that sample as it doesn't load its data from a DataSource, and as such there are not "current search criteria" to save.

We're reviewing whether the menu option should be showing at all for this specific case, but in the meantime you can always explicitly hide it by setting "canSaveSearches:false" on a non-databound grid to suppress this menu yourself

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Actually what was puzzling me is that the "Save View..." option saves also the view state of the grid, not only the search criteria, so I was expecting it to work anyway.

The Saved Search subsystem is pretty powerful (and complex) now I see there's also the possibility to specify savedSearchStoredState:"criteria", to store only the criteria.

Maybe the MenuItem titles should reflect what's really involved in the save?

Comment

Hi Claudio
        Thanks for the feedback. We'll bring this discussion up with the design team for further consideration. and follow up here if we make changes in this area

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
        X