Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

timeline with dynamic lanes shown in wrong lane and remove event bug

Hello, I have some problems with the timeline as described below.
    Description:
    1. After a fetch I do a dynamic setLanes(). After that the events are not shown in the correct lanes. There is no event in the last lane. After a small movement with the scrollbar the events move to the right lanes (see testcase).
    2. After timeline.removeEvent(event) and a server commit for succesfull removing the event is still shown in the view. Is timelline not designed for removing events, should this be done in a calendar view?
    Thanks and kind regards
    Paul
    Test case:

http://www.virtic24.com/browse/tdemo.p

sc Version: v8.3p_2013-04-25/Pro Development Only
    Browser Version : Firefox 201.
    Last edited by paulwilhelm; 26 Apr 2013, 22:48.

These are both addressed in 8.3 and 9.0 - please retest with a nightly build dated April 29 or later

Comment

update to nightly build ...2013-04-29 does not work at all

v8.3p_2013-04-29/Pro
      v8.3p_2013-04-16/Pro
      Hello,
      thank you for your quick reply. But my difficulties become even greater after the update to nightly build v8.3p_2013-04-29/Pro.In my production environment the fetch... goes into an endless loop and I don't know why.
      In the demo case
      http://localhost/cgi-bin/cgiip.exe/WService=zw/tdemo2.p
      the fetch goes twice to the server(once with params, once without) the second fetch does not have records in the reply from server
      in the demo
      http://localhost/cgi-bin/cgiip.exe/WService=zw/tdemo.p

wich uses v8.3p_2013-04-16/Pro there is only one fetch.
      The addEvent does not show the added record, this is true for both versions. It shows the added record when the add happens after the first fetch. When I click on add... then fetch... and then add.. again I sometimes receive a firebug error( _19.$646 is undefined _19.$646.totalSlots=_7}) in v8.3p_2013-04-29/Pro.
      The getActiveTime() returns null when "clicked" in the left most time column or the time is calculated wrong when clicked in cols >= 0 (try test case ). The eventSnapGap only return works correct when headerWidth:40 (not shown in test case).
      Kind regards

Paul

Comment

We need to see a runnable test case, complete with data, that shows these issues, because we don't see them.

That said, a bunch of fixes and enhancements have been made to Calendar/Timeline just today, so you would do well to try tomorrow's build first.

Comment

fixes to timeline/calendar

that's fine. I'll try on Thursday. Kind regards
          Paul
          Last edited by paulwilhelm; 30 Apr 2013, 07:18.

Comment

experience with nightly build 2013-05-01

Hello,
            I tried nightly build 2013-05-01 but I didn't see improvements as far as my problems are concerned. Please see the the test case:

http://www.virtic24.com/browse/tdemo2.p

Basic problems are:
            1. One timeline.fetchData() results in 2 server fetches (the first i programaticaly initiated with some parameters, the second follows after the response of the first).
            2. a timeline.addLane() followed by a timeline.addEvent does not show the added event.
            3. the timeline.getActiveTime() returns wrong time or null
            (please click on timeline widget somewhere to see this effect)
            Kind regards

Paul

Paul
            Last edited by paulwilhelm; 2 May 2013, 21:14.

Comment

These seem to be an entirely different set of issues than initially described - however:

1) setLanes() causes a fetch for databound timelines (note that autoFetchData:false only affects the initial fetch, as per the documentation) - you would be better to have your server prepare the lane-set if you want it to be dynamic based on data - but to have your criteria passed into these fetches, set calendar.fetchMode to "timeline" - you can also override adjustCriteria() if you wish

2) As we said previously, we need to see a test case - this needs to be runnable by us *locally*, and complete with data - we can take another look at this when you provide code here for that

3) Fixed for builds dated May 4 and later
              Last edited by Isomorphic; 2 May 2013, 21:24.

Comment

timeline.getActiveTime return null

Browser : Firefox 20.0.1
                Smartclient: v8.3p_2013-05-12/Pro
                Hello,
                timeline.getActiveTime() still returns null when mouse is clicked in first column next to the label-column.

Kind regards
                Paul

Comment

That particular change hadn't been ported to 8.3 - it's there now and will hit nightly build tomorrow, May 14 or later

Comment

Working...
                  X