Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.1p+ Browser information methods / attributes in your Browser class

Hi Isomorphic,

having a look at your Browser class I can see only a few methods / attributes, while you have a lot more information.
    Could you add documentation (and SmartGWT methods) for all the other attributes you already identify, like version, isDesktop, isFirefox etc?

I want to use this in order to decide whether I want to offer a "Install as PWA" button or similar.
    I already have JSNI for some of this, but of course it would be nice if it was supported natively.
    Another way would be to use feature detection here, but for now I'd be fine with "don't show this button Firefox".

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

We intentionally don't doc these because there's a lot of churn, and the only way to doc them really would be to explain exactly what the method of detection is, which is often arcane, since some vendors have take to intentionally trying to hide what engine they are.

We would recommend just getting a detection method from ChatGPT or perhaps StackOverflow.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK, thanks. It turned out that the feature detection way + JSNI to communicate this to my app was easy, so I did this. For the little version log output that I'd like from your detection mechanism I can make/keep my few JSNI methods.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X