Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.1p, 13.0p javax.mail package

Hi Isomorphic,

12.1p/PowerEdition/2023-08-16 and 13.0p/EnterpriseEval/2023-08-18 both include javax.mail-1.6.2.jar and mail.jar, which both offer the same classes (javax.mail.*).

It's great that you now support JavaMail 1.5+, as I just found out the hard way we need this to connect to mail servers only supporting TLS 1.2.
    I'm not sure you left the old mail.jar in the downloads on purpose. But this might lead to classloader issues if one just deploys all jars.

Also, JavaModuleDependencies should mention "javax.mail" now and not "mail", as this is the new jar name.
    I did not look at your maven files as I'm not using it, but this might be worth checking as well.

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Isomorphic,

reading this old 2019 answer of you I think this problem has been existing for a long time.
    I think you should perhaps also remove activation.jar, although I'm not sure about this.

Best regards
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 22 Aug 2023, 03:34. Reason: grammar

Comment

We've removed the extra, older mail JAR from SGWT 12.1+ as the original intent was to replace it with (the already present) javax.mail-1.6.2.jar. This will be reflected in the nightly builds dated 2023-08-24 and beyond. We also updated the documentation reference as requested.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the changes in the docs and also that the old mail.jar is removed.
        I can still see activation.jar, though (12.1p). It's not mentioned in the JavaModuleDependencies and I think belongs to the old jar. mvnrepository.com mentions it as compile time dependency up to Javamail 1.4.1 (but not later).

Thank you & Best regards
        Blama

Comment

The JAR you're linking to has been renamed, but we're not using the JAR mentioned as the new version on that Maven page. Instead we're using this one.

That one still lists the activation JAR as a dependency, though a newer version than what we ship. So, it's likely that we need to update the activation JAR.

Comment

Working...
          X