Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p/13.1d General HSQLDB sorting issue in showcase

Hi Isomorphic,

I checked out some samples in the 13.1d showcase again. Please see the UnionDataSource-sample (SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2023-09-13).
    At first it seems the data is not sorted correctly.

Please try the following:
    • Start sample
    • Scroll down and find some rows with "Agency Name" entries (the sample description also says that they exist)
    • Restart sample
    • Click "Agency Name" to sort ascending by agencyName
    • No entries with "Agency Name" on top
    • Click "Agency Name" again to sort descending by agencyName
    • No entries with "Agency Name" on top
    I assumed a framework-SQL-generation bug first, but now I think it's just HSQLDB behavior.
    Add dataProperties: {fetchMode: "local"} to the sample and you will see that now on sorting descending the first rows have values.
    I think your clientside sorting is asc -> nulls first and desc -> nulls last (is this true?), which comes more apparent if you also add useClientSorting:false to dataProperties.
    Then it's always a server call and never values on top, as this is the HSQLDB default behavior.
    But it seems HSQLDB also supports your clientside asc -> nulls first and desc -> nulls mode via sql.nulls_order: false. Perhaps this should be set in your showcase server.properties.
    Postgres already defaults to your client side sort, I think. See here ("By default, null values sort as if larger than any non-null value; that is, NULLS FIRST is the default for DESC order, and NULLS LAST otherwise.").

Best regards
    Blama

Actually, this is even weirder.

See also the fetchOperationFS-sample with added dataProperties: {fetchMode: "local"}.
    Here the data shows in the "Units" column when sorting ascending.
    In the sample from #1 with added dataProperties: {fetchMode: "local"}, the "Agency Name"-column shows data when sorting descending.

So it seems the client side is not behaving the same here in these cases. Something seems off to me.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Working...
    X