Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Reify problem with issue tracking app

Hello, I was trying the Issue tracking app guided by the Tour system, but I got stuck at the step:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-10-09 12.21.13.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	271106
    if I drop the datasource onto the grid, nothing happens.
    Attached Files

Also while I was playing with Reify (newScreen12) I've managed to make a mistake which now gives an error and is reloading Reify continuously :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
      Also while I was playing with Reify (newScreen12) I've managed to make a mistake which now gives an error and is reloading Reify continuously :eek:
      I don't know if you've already taken action, but now the issue has been resolved.
      The only thing is that every time I access Reify, the "Tour" starts, and I can't skip it.

Comment

Hi Claudio, we have been looking into the Reload error you hit. FYI, for these errors, you can hit ESC to avoid the reload. This would allow you to gather information from the Developer Console if you want to report an issue.

As far as the auto-starting tours, those have to be completed once, then you're free to play around. Are you still stuck with those somehow? We can disable them for your account (basically mark you as having completed them).

For your previous error (the one that caused the reload), what happened is that you were somehow able to create a looping User Summary field, that is, you had a field named e.g. "Description" in which "Description" itself was part of the format string, causing an infinite loop.

We're going to fix this so that it doesn't crash, but do you remember how you were able to do this in the UI? Normally, when editing a User Summary, you aren't offered the summary field itself. Perhaps you manually typed in the name of the field?

Comment

Hello, first of all, please disregard the initial post; I foolishly didn't understand what I was doing wrong.

So now I've finished the tour, and the issue with the third post is resolved as well.

Regarding the User Summary, I think I wrote it manually; however, I will try again to make sure there isn't any other way.
          BTW, when I open the Formula Editor for an already created summary, the Formula textArea is empty:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-10-10 21.20.13.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	271126

And thanks for the ESC suggestion.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by claudiobosticco; 10 Oct 2023, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
            Hi Claudio, we have been looking into the Reload error you hit. FYI, for these errors, you can hit ESC to avoid the reload. This would allow you to gather information from the Developer Console if you want to report an issue.

As far as the auto-starting tours, those have to be completed once, then you're free to play around. Are you still stuck with those somehow? We can disable them for your account (basically mark you as having completed them).

For your previous error (the one that caused the reload), what happened is that you were somehow able to create a looping User Summary field, that is, you had a field named e.g. "Description" in which "Description" itself was part of the format string, causing an infinite loop.

We're going to fix this so that it doesn't crash, but do you remember how you were able to do this in the UI? Normally, when editing a User Summary, you aren't offered the summary field itself. Perhaps you manually typed in the name of the field?
            I appear to be stuck on the "
            Welcome back to Reify!
            Let's finish up the orientation, so you can get started on your free trial!

We're very excited to see what you build with Reify!
            "
            Screen. Can you please set my account so I can get past it. Thanks You

Comment

Hi Greg, we'll mark your account so you can bypass this step, however, can you clarify what's going wrong? It looks like you might have tried to post a screenshot, but nothing was attached.

Comment

Thank you I will try to work on my reify project again.

When I logged in, the orientation would start and after the first 2 or 3 steps the tutorial would end. Then when I tried to do anything else it would start the orientation at the beginning. I would get the "
                Welcome back to Reify!
                Let's finish up the orientation, so you can get started on your free trial!
                "

I am not on a "free trial" so maybe my record got reset somehow.

Comment

Another issue is now when I try to run my existing projects from reify I get a "The Reify server has encountered an error handling your request. If it happens consistently, please contact Isomorphic Support for assistance." error . I created a new project with just a datagrid and that will run OK Click image for larger version

Name:	reify 2023-11-03_11-25-42.png
Views:	105
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	271265

Comment

Hi Greg, sorry you're having trouble. Aside from the server error (we'll check the logs), can you clarify what's going wrong? You mentioned that you did not do a free trial, but we don't have a record of a purchase from you, so a free trial would be the only way you could get to the tool.

Also, yes, for the free trial, you are required to complete a short set of tutorials at the beginning. You said "after the first 2 or 3 steps the tutorial would end" - what does this mean? Are you saying there was an error?

Note, once you complete the tutorials, your account is marked so they don't start again. If you have something like an aggressive ad block or cookie blocker, you might be preventing Reify from noting that you've already completed the starter tutorial set.

Comment

Working...
                    X