Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

quoteColumnNames doesn't work with customSelectExpression and includeFrom field names

SmartClient 13.0-p20240210

Hello, I just noticed that DataSource.quoteColumnNames doesn't work when the field has a customSelectExpression, so I get a query like this:

Code:
    SELECT LEG_SERVIZI_PACCHETTI."ID_REC",
           LEG_SERVIZI_PACCHETTI."ID_FASCIA_PREZZO_FK",
           LEG_SERVIZI_PACCHETTI."ID_SERVIZIO_AGGIUNTIVO_FK",
           CASE WHEN SYSTIMESTAMP BETWEEN DATA_INIZIO_VENDITA AND DATA_FINE_VENDITA THEN 'F' ELSE 'T' END AS _canRemove
    where _canRemove is not quoted - actually for this use case I prefer to change the property name, so not a big deal for me.

I also noticed that it doesn't work for includeFrom fields.

The database is Oracle.

You're using quoteColumnNames? These days it's doc'd as basically "don't use this unless forced to"..

We can't add quoting within a customSelectExpression unless we were to do something like implement a SQL parser so we could figure out which parts of your custom SQL are column names. But you can still quote them yourself, in your customized SQL.

Comment

I'm not using it, just tried it briefly because _canRemove is not a valid column name in Oracle.

And I noticed that _canRemove (and also includeFrom fields) aren't quoted. I didn't mean I expected quoting inside the customSelectExpression.

Anyway, it's not important for me.

Comment

Working...
      X