Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

JDK 17 support for SmartClient v10.0p_2015-06-17

Hi,

We are using SmartClient_v10.0p_2020-08-04_Enterprise version in our product with JDK 8.

Below are the version details from framework.properties from rpc.jar.

iscVersionNumber: v10.0p_2020-08-04
    iscVersion: v10.0p_2020-08-04/Enterprise Deployment
    iscPackageDate: 2020-08-04

We are planning to upgrade to JDK 17. Would we get support on the SmartClient version we use to make it work with JDK 17?

Thanks,
    Divya

Your version is about 9 years old and was end-of-lifed about 4 years ago (https://blog.smartclient.com/were-de...lly-old-stuff/).

We don't know whether you might be able to get that old version working on a new JDK, but if you were to try, we would be unable to help (since support ended 4 years ago).

The best path forward is to update to the latest available release. SmartClient releases are backwards compatible, so this is generally easy to do.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Is the latest version compatible with JDK 17?

Comment

Of course, yes.

Comment

A follow up question. We need log4j2 support and I can see that 13.1 provides the same as per https://smartclient.com/smartclient-13.1/isomorphic/system/reference/?id=group..serverLogging.

But 13.1 is marked as development version, could you provide a timeline as to when this will be released so that we can consume it in our production?

Comment

Although you don't need 13.1 to use log4j2, we would recommend moving to 13.1 now. The release is pending due to the need for more samples, not stability or any other issue.

Comment

Thanks for confirming!

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                Although you don't need 13.1 to use log4j2, we would recommend moving to 13.1 now. The release is pending due to the need for more samples, not stability or any other issue.
                Hello, this is nice to know!

I see that you're already addressing problems with great commitment, but may I officially ask if this means we can expect the same level of support as we would for a "patched" version?

For now, I'm using it in an application that is only accessible to my IT colleagues, but I'm eager to adopt it in an application open to the entire company.

Comment

Sorry for the late response here! Yes, if you have Support, we will treat 13.1d builds as a supported release now, and chase issues accordingly.

Comment

Thanks for confirming!

Comment

Working...
                    X