Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Calendar on headset device

Hello, I've just noticed that, on an iPhone 8, for some dates the eventCalendar_controlsBar doesn't fit together with the "month" button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-08-04 19.42.42.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	273167

also, the back button in month view could have a left arrow, because there's space for a wider button:

Name:	2024-08-04 19.46.17.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	273168

Headset, eh? Are you now testing SmartClient on your Oculus Rift?

Just kidding... what Density are you showing here, Spacious?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Headset, eh? Are you now testing SmartClient on your Oculus Rift?
      :-D
      Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Just kidding... what Density are you showing here, Spacious?
      yep, Spacious. And in my app I'me testing with fontIncrease=4 and sizeIncrease=15. This time doesn't get worse in Italian.

This is on iPhone SE simulator, with fontIncrease=4 and sizeIncrease=15, I've shortened the day name to use 3 characters and it fits:

Name:	2024-08-05 10.04.53.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	273173

Comment

hi Claudio,

We've made a few changes here - we switched the dateLabel to showing 3-char day-names on mobile, there are now icons in the navButton in both states (Calendar.month/backButtonIconSrc) (the "left-arrow" you saw previously was just a "<" char in the button-title), some h-padding has been added to give a bit of space either side, and we fixed a sizing/scaling issue where the button could overflow and overlap the calendar below it, as seen in your Twilight images.

Please retest with a build dated August 10 or later.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-08-10/AllModules Development Only (built 2024-08-10)

Hello, I see the changes but there's a problem:

Name:	2024-08-10 12.52.54.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	273233

as you may see, there's still the "<" char in the button title when there's the month name, and the icon should be arrow_left

Comment

hi Claudio,

We did intend the change to a right-arrow for the month button, to make it more obvious that you're moving to that month, and added a left-arrow for moving Back from it - but we'll re-consider.

The extra icon you're seeing is part of the title and is coming from the translations file - we did make the change for the language packs but it looks like there may be some kind of delay with updates on Weblate for some of the locales. We'll take a look and get back to you.

Comment

hi Claudio - the issue with the extra "<" character in some of the locale-files has been addressed for tomorrow's builds, dated August 11 and later.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-08-11/Enterprise Deployment (built 2024-08-11)

Thanks, I see the fixes, much better!

Comment

Working...
                X