No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

[Analytics] hideEmptyFacetValues not working

Hello,
    I'm using 8.3p-2013-05-29.
    When using hideEmptyFacetValues: true on a CubeGrid, tree facets can not be expanded.

This can be easily reproduced in the showcase, go to: http://www.smartclient.com/#analyticsFS
    In the databound_cubegrid.js tab, add:
    Code:
    hideEmptyFacetValues: true,
    hideEmptyAxis: "row",
    just after:
    Code:
    isc.CubeGrid.create({
    ID:"report",
    And click Try It.
    Then row facets won't expand anymore. If you change hideEmptyAxis: "row" to hideEmptyAxis: "column", column tree facets can't be expanded anymore.

Cheers,
    Cédric.

Just to update you - we've reproduced the problem and we're looking into it.

Note this seems to have already been fixed for 9.0 - it would be great if you can confirm this is the case for you as well, and you might consider migrating now anyway.

Comment

We've made a fix addressing the issue with HideEmptyFacetValues: true to the SC 8.3p/9.0d and SGWT 3.1p/4.0d code streams that will be in the next nightly builds.

Comment

Has this also been fixed in 8.2p as well ?

Thanks,

Comment

The hideEmptyAxis feature didn't exist in 8.2, so no, the fix has not been ported to that branch.
          Note that if you're doing new development we recommend you upgrade to the latest, 8.3p, or even 9.0, as we're in the process of final testing and expect to have 9.0 officially released very soon

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

I'm still seeing this issue with the 4.0p version of the SmartGWT Power Edition. It was working on the older 3.0 version. Can you tell me this fix was also migrated to the SmartGWT 4.0p?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Yes, it was. Your suggested changes to the sample no longer reproduce an issue.

Comment

HideEmptyFacetValues issue with CubeGrid with Smartgwt

I'm using SmartGWT 4.0p (SmartClient Version: v9.0p_2013-08-09/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-08-09)) on Mac Safari 6.0.5. I've build a test sample where I have a cube grid with an expandable facet (for both rows and columns). When I set the HideEmptyFacetValue property to true, once I collapse the facet, it no longer opens up. When I turn the property to false, it works like it is supposed to.

Here is my sample code as an attachment. I've essentially built a button which creates the cube with the hideEmptyFacetValue as true and false. The cube with the true value does not collapse correctly and the false one does.

The same code works with with the SmartGWT 3.0p release (v8.2p_2012-08-11/PowerEdition Deployment 2012-08-11) works correctly.

If there's some other setting I need to set in the newer version of the cube, could you tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Daniel
                Attached Files

Comment

We've reproduced the described behavior and are investigating the cause.

Comment

A fix has been applied to SC 8.3p/SGWT 3.1p and newer branches. Check the next nightly builds.

Comment

Seems to fix our problem - thanks

I've tested against the latest 4.0p nightly build. Seems to have fixed the problem- thanks. We will re-run our tests to make sure everything else still runs as expected.

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Comment

Working...
                      X