Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid hilites by expand row

I have set hilites in the listgrid. If I expand a row then hilites are not applied to that row.
    Before expansion
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-10-17 143240.png Views:	7 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	273887

After expansion.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-10-17 143312.png Views:	7 Size:	22.4 KB ID:	273888
    Version SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-08-14/Pro Deployment (2024-08-14)
    Last edited by Hirn; Today, 16:46.

Expansion components are separate components, not part of the ListGrid, and in this case, apparently significantly customized (you've added a ToolStrip and such).

It seems like you're expecting some kind of magic and/or heuristics to happen, like maybe the ListGrid analyzes the expansion component, sees if there's another highlight-capable component somewhere in the component hierarchy, and then auto-applies highlights to that subcomponent?

There is no such feature, and the heuristics & guessing required to build such a feature would be likely to backfire, so it's not a particularly compelling feature from our perspective.

You of course have full control over the expansion components you create, and can apply highlights from the main grid when and where that makes sense for your particular application.

Comment

I don't expect hilites to be applied to expansion components. As you can see from the screenshot, hilites are not applied to the List Grid row, not to the expansion.

Maybe you are irritated by the fact that there are lines with triangular icons? Then these are the icons for grouping the rows of the List Grid.
      And I made the icons for expanding ListGrid rows invisible. I corrected the first post and maybe it will be clearer.

Without grouping, the result is the same. Hilites for List Grid rows are lost when those rows are expanded.

Comment

Wait, you're saying that declarative hilites (ListGrid.hilites) are turned off when you expand a component?

Those are unrelated render systems, which is why it was very unexpected to have such a thing reported.

Can you please show how this can be reproduced? Be sure to test with a base skin, as just about the only way we can think of for this to happen would be bad CSS, or perhaps an override of getCellCSSText() or getCellStyle() which does something wrong (no semicolon between CSS properties, for example).

Comment

Working...
        X