Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Scroll bar does not show on tablet, but shows on desktop browser

SmartClient version: \"v8.3p_2013-06-07/PowerEdition "

The vertical scroll bar shows automatically if the inside content size is larger than the container portlet, this works pretty good when using desktop browser, including chrom, IE and firefox.

The same layout, same data set, when using tablet (Samsung galaxy tab 10.1), the scroll bar does not show, and it seems that the excess contents have been clipped.

Not sure what kind of property that I missed out.

I have a small test case, but it seems that I'm not able to upload .zip file.

Just attached main jsp pages. To test it out, you also need all isormorphic js files, jquery-1.9.1.min.js, jquery-ui-1.10.3.js, jquery-ui-1.10.3.css. Just run view.jsp page.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi
    We have a developer queued up to look at this issue. However, we also notice the attached test case is not particularly self contained (it relies on jquery, loads external css).

In order to avoid us wasting time chasing an issue which turns out not to be directly SmartClient related, would you be able to simplify this test case down to something entirely self contained which does not load any other libraries or external css? This would confirm that we're really looking at a SmartClient bug (and also might help pinpoint the cause of the problem).

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Sure. These two newly uploaded jsp page is enough for you to test. No external js or css files needed, but the isormorphic js files are required. Just run view.jsp page.

My test result is the vertical scroll bar shows on desktop browser but not show on tablet.

Thank you very much.
      Attached Files

Comment

This seems to involve some native bugs in Android and we can't get this to happen in any Android 4.x version. Do you have a 3.x version installed on your tablet? What's the exact version?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
          This seems to involve some native bugs in Android and we can't get this to happen in any Android 4.x version. Do you have a 3.x version installed on your tablet? What's the exact version?
          The exact version is Android 3.1.

Thanks

Comment

I did update to android 4.x.

The tablet scroll works.

Thank you.

Comment

The scroll does not work on iPad V7.0.4.

You can test it out by just using the previous test code attached. (at floor #3)

Originally posted by zhanghuancs View Post
              Sure. These two newly uploaded jsp page is enough for you to test. No external js or css files needed, but the isormorphic js files are required. Just run view.jsp page.

My test result is the vertical scroll bar shows on desktop browser but not show on tablet.

Thank you very much.

Comment

What do you mean by "the scroll does not work"?

The scrollbar that appears for an iframe is one rendered by the device itself, not SmartClient. In this case iOS does not render a scrollbar, and two-finger scrolling is required to move the content.

Comment

What do you mean by "the scroll does not work"?

The scrollbar that appears for an iframe is one rendered by the device itself, not SmartClient. In this case iOS does not render a scrollbar, and two-finger scrolling is required to move the content.
                  Yes. I have to set overflow:scroll manually on the <div> which includes the iframe if I'm using ipad to make it work.

Code:
                  <div id="isc_P" eventproxy="portlet1_body" class="windowBody" 
                        style="position: absolute; left: 4px; top: 21px; width: 1883px; height: 874px; z-index: 200324; 
                        overflow: scroll;
                        background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-margin-before-collapse: collapse; -webkit-margin-after-collapse: collapse; cursor: auto;" 
                        onscroll="return portlet1_body.$lh()" role="article">
                        <iframe height="100%" width="100%" scrolling="auto" id="isc_O" frameborder="0" src="anyContent.jsp" style="height: 874px;">
                        </iframe>
                  </div>

Comment

OK. So you're all set?

Comment

OK. So you're all set?
                      I think so. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X