No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid lose focus while navigating with keyboard

SmartClient version: v9.0p_2013-07-05/LGPL
    Browser: IE9

I have 2 ListGrid, let say ListGrid A and B. I implemented method selectionChanged on ListGrid A so that changing row in ListGrid A it fires an update on ListGrid B. It happens that navigating with the keyboard the focus is lost as soon as I press the up or the down arrow.

In attachment files I used to reproduce the problem. Please help.

Regards,

Daniele
    Attached Files

We've assigned this for investigation.
    One quick question: Is this problem specific to IE9 or can you also reproduce it on other browsers (Chrome / Firefox / IE10)?

Thanks

Comment

Currently I can test with IE9, Chrome and SeaMonkey. The problem arise only with IE9.

I discovered a thing that maybe can help you with the investigation: if I add as Operation Binding { operationType: 'fetch', dataProtocol: 'postMessage' } it works. If the OperationBinding is { operationType: 'fetch', dataProtocol: 'getParams' } it does not work. In our productive environment I have to use the getParams.

Regards,

Daniele

Comment

In order for us to investigate this we'll need a way to reproduce the problem and there are a couple of issues with the attached test case:

Firstly - the dataSources are not usable as is - they're relying on server logic listening on the "'../../Handler.ashx/..." end points which we obviously don't have.
        Since getting this server logic to us would obviously be impractical, we'd recommend creating some simple dummy static responses (as minimal as possible to reproduce the problem). This is the approach we use to demonstrate simple databinding options in the feature explorer, for example here.

Secondly - it makes use of JQuery. Removing that dependency will confirm whether this is actually a SmartClient bug rather than potentially a JQuery issue, etc.

Having said that - a guess at what is happening here: When SmartClient operations are performed (fetches, etc) a blocking prompt is shown by default which will temporarily take focus from whatever has it, and then restore focus when the fetch completes. It is likely that by disabling this prompt you may get rid of the problem in your app. You can do this by setting showPrompt to false on your dataSource (or on your dsRequests directly).

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, we'll need you to provide us with a way to reproduce on our end

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

I update the example following your direction (simple databinding and removing jQuery), files are in attachment.

Anyway setting showPrompt to false it resolve the problem.

Regards,

Daniele
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X