Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Support for IE 7 to IE 10

Im using SmartClient 8.3 Power Edition and HTML4

I need to support IE browser versions from IE 7 to IE 10. I would like to know the necessary changes to be done to achieve this.

While using HTML5 DOCTYPE, I face some issues in IE 7 and IE 8 but works fine with IE 9 and IE 10.

I need a solution that can support IE 7 to IE 10 versions

Same question

Hi,

I have exactly the same question, except that I must support from IE8 to IE10.

with <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    it works in IE8 and IE9 but not IE10 (I have graphical problems in the tree and in my custom skins).

With <!DOCTYPE HTML> it doesn't work in IE8 (I have double scrollbars that appear in listgrids)

I am using smartGwt 3.1.

Comment

Please see the FAQ regarding correct DOCTYPE, external CSS causing issues, and the basic information that must be included before anyone can response to your post.

Comment

I use the standard LGPL smartgwt 3.1 version (I didn't try yet the the last nightly build)

As proposed in the FAQ I use <!DOCTYPE html> in my html file.

I now use com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme to avoid to inherit the Enterprise Theme.

On IE8, I still see unnecessary scrollbars (actually 2 scrollbars side by side, a vertical pair and an horizontal pair) in my ListGrid.

I have also the following message :
        Your *.gwt.xml module configuration prohibits the use of the current doucment rendering mode (document.compatMode=' CSS1Compat').<br>Modify your application's host HTML page doctype, or update your custom 'document.compatMode' configuration property settings.

Comment

Here is what I see (attached image)
          Attached Files

Comment

Then you need to try the latest patched build, and if the problem still occurs, put together a ready-to-run, minimal test case demonstrating the issue.

In this instance, include your .gwt.xml and .html bootstrap as well.
            Last edited by Isomorphic; 24 Oct 2013, 13:35. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X