Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

read-only formitems with readOnlyDisplay

Hi,
    for a few week we're using smartclient version 9.0 and recently i've tried to
    use your new read only feature for the formItems. Sadly i've found a bug.
    I've created a form with three formItems, of the types text, boolean and date. The "readOnlyDisplay" attribute of each formItem was set to "static".
    If the Form is not editable from the begin, it's not possible to make the form editable again. The formItems remain as static text. You'll see the example code below

Code:
    sc.DynamicForm.create(
      {
       "ID":"form",
       "autoFocus":true,
       "selectOnFocus":true,
       "canEdit":false,
       "fields":
       [
    	{"name":"textItem", "title":"Text", "type":"text", "readOnlyDisplay":"static"},
    	{"name":"checkBoxItem", "title":"Boolean", "type":"boolean", "readOnlyDisplay":"static"},
    	{"name":"dateItem", "title":"Date", "type":"date", "useTextField": true, "readOnlyDisplay":"static"},
       ],
       "values":
       {
    	"textItem":"Text",
    	"checkBoxItem": true,
    	"dateItem": new Date()
       }
      }
      );
      isc.Button.create(
      {
    	title: "change",
    	left: 10,
    	top: 200,
    	click: function() {console.log(form.canEdit);console.log(!form.canEdit); form.setCanEdit(!form.canEdit);form.markForRedraw();}
      });
    I've tested this with todays build of smartclient version 9.0

Regards
    Marcus

We've made a change to address this - please retest with a build dated September 13 or later.

Note that you may also need to set readOnlyDisplay on the containing form.

Comment

The bug is fixed, thank you. But i just found the next one.

If you apply the same settings as before, you'll see the result in the attached screenshot.

It seems to me that the static text of the date and textItem is shifted higher of it's title
      Attached Files

Comment

This is a result of the specified height for the item exceeding the space required for the text. Explicitly setting the height to null will cause the item to size to its text (and center it as expected)

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

It works, but not perfectly. If you take a closer look you'll see that the height of the value
          is still minimal above the title. But that's good enough for me. Thank you for your help

Regards

Comment

Setting the height to null works for the most formItems but sadly not for every one of them.
            For selectItems it causes the picker to be partially shown, which does not look very appealing.
            In my opinion it's not a good solution, being forced to change the height of a selectItem everytime i change the canEdit attribute of it's form.

Regards

Comment

Can you clarify what you're seeing with SelectItems in this mode? Expected behavior would be to not see the picker icon at all (not to see a partial icon). A screenshot or sample code might help.

On the general question of having to change the height in readonly mode, it's not trivial to resolve this issue as there are cases where the height may have been explicitly specified / should be retained, but we'll consider whether we can somehow simplify the default behavior, and let you know if we come up with something

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

A screenshot is attached and as you can see the picker item seems to be cut off at two points, so you can only see the middle of the picker icon.

Regards
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah - we misunderstood and thought you were referring to an icon being displayed in while the item was in static, non-editable display mode. Are you seeing problems with the appearance while the item is read-only with "static" display?

Comment

As a follow up - we are working on a solution to improve vertical-alignment behavior in static (read-only) mode without the need to modify the height attribute. We will follow up when we have more information

Regards
                    Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've now made a change to address this.
                      Please try the next nightly build and let us know if you continue to see these alignment problems.

Note the change was the introduction of the applyHeightToTextBox / shouldApplyHeightToTextBox() APIs

Regards
                      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                      X