No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hovers on grids with expansion grids sometimes apply to parent record

Using SmartClient Pro 9.0 - 12/5/2013 nightly build
    Testing in Firefox 25.0.1

I've got a case where I have a grid, and that grid has an expansion grid that you can open up under each row of the main grid. Both the main grid, and the expansion grid, I need to show detail when the user hovers over a certain thing. This has been working fine until now, but I notice now that randomly, hovering over one of the child rows actually invokes the hover event for the parent row. It will act as if the user hovered over the field that is in that same horizontal position in the parent row, but vertically, the mouse is actually in one of the child rows.

It is very intermittent, and there are no JavaScript errors in the console. Depending on what screen I'm working with, it happens anywhere from 10% of the time, to 50% of the time. The attached screenshot illustrates this while hovering over a child record cell, but it also sometimes happens while hovering over the expansion grid's header cells.

I'll attach a reproducible test case momentarily.
    Attached Files

Test case

Test case is attached. I also just realized that although I reported the problem in SmartClient Pro 9.0 12/5 release, I was just running my test case in the 10/23 build. I'll confirm whether the problem exists in 12/5 or not.

Update: Confirmed the same problem in 12/5 release.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ssouthwell; 9 Dec 2013, 11:24. Reason: Removed unrelated problem that I already figured out.

Comment

Working...
    X