Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Missing documentation?

It appears that the documentation is missing for the ListGrid event editorChange(). I found it used in the calculated column example and it was a feature I was looking for but ended up replicating yesterday.

Here is the source comment:
    Code:
    	//> @method listGrid.editorChange
    	// Callback fired when an edit modifies the value of a cell (before attempting to save that
    	// value permanently)
    	//
    	// @param   record      (ListGridRecord)    record being edited (null if this is a new row)
    	// @param	newValue   (any)    new value for the cell
    	// @param	oldValue   (any)    old value for the cell
    	// @param	rowNum	   (number)	row number for the cell
    	// @param   colNum      (number) column number of the cell
    	// @visibility advancedInlineEdit
    	//  @group  editing
        // @example calculatedCellValue
    	//<
        editorChange : "record,newValue,oldValue,rowNum,colNum",
    I suppose the "advancedInlineEdit" visibility is not being included in the documentation as a search does not find this method.

There are a number of other methods or properties marked with the same visibility that are also missing from the documentation. Here are two more that I have an immediate need for (on ListGridField class): nextTabColNum and previousTabColNum.

Comment

Hi David,

It isn't actually an accident - those features haven't received the level of testing and design review we usually apply to features that become publicly doc'd and perpetually supported, so it's possible there are bugs or the API may change.

Note that you can accomplish something similar with a combination of editorExit and startEditing calls, driving the interaction from your own, similar property declarations on ListGrid fields if desired.

Comment

It seems the feature editorChange isn't supported 2.5 years later. Maybe you should change the calculated example for clarity.

Comment

Working...
        X