Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problem with extraneous scrollbars when IE11 has 95% or 105% zoom levels

SmartClient Pro v9.0 - 12/5/2013 build

Our users with IE11 browsers have reported weird issues with vertical and horizontal scrollbars showing up where they shouldn't - most notably within picklists, at the bottom of grids, and on sectionstack items.

For the longest time I couldn't reproduce, and I had been trying the browser's Ctrl-+, Ctrl - zoom features to see if I could do it. Finally figured out just now that these problems that don't happen at 75%, 100%, or 125% (standard IE stops) do happen when you set a custom zoom of 95% or 105%.

For example, I've attached a comboItem where it should be showing 1 result. It has added scrollbars to the point where the picklist is totally obscured.

Does anyone know of any way to avoid this problem, or even just detect the user's zoom level and warn them? I've searched through the forums and found a few other people experiencing some zoom-related issues, but I didn't see any resolution.
    Attached Files

Another example - in Feature Explorer

See this screenshot taken in IE11, 95% zoom: Basically the inner content is maybe just 1 pixel too wide, which causes scrollbars. I suspect it's a matter of container widths being rounded due to decimal math when scaling.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

is browser zooming supported usage inside a SmartGWT application?
      I remember your reply from Aug 2012 regarding a bug when zooming in Firefox (http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...zoom#post90698).

If so (if the browser bugs are gone), it would be great to know. If not, it should be written somewhere (the Quick Start Guide?) that one should not use zooming.

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

It's already stated in the FAQ.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

that's great to know. For people finding this thread by search here the corresponding link.

Best regards,
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X