Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

It's been queued for investigation - we'll get to it shortly and update this thread when we do

Comment

We've made a change to address this in 8.3 - please retest with a build dated March 26 or later

Comment

I've failed to find the page with all nightly builds and can only find one for SmartClient_v83p_2014-03-22 from http://smartclient.com/product/download.jsp.

Could you point me at where I can get a more recent build?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

It's not March 26 yet :)

Comment

Doh! :)

Comment

Thank you - that works now.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by danosborne View Post
                Thank you - that works now.

Dan
                I tested this with v8.3p_2014-04-03 and it worked fine on the test case. However we are currently using v8.3p_2013-06-21_Pro and the new version gives unrelated errors which look to be down to the fact that our code references clientContext but this now is renamed to internalClientContext.

There are probably other issues too so would it be possible for you to supply this fix as a patch to our existing v8.3p_2013-06-21_Pro version?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Your code should not be referencing clientContext unless you actually create one, so you should correct your code, then update.

Comment

That looks like it may be non-trivial to change but I'll discuss on another thread.

Could you provide the fix you've made as a patch?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Sorry, we don't build general patches for issues like this, for customers without support contracts. The issue arises in a 6 month old build of a version of SmartClient that pre-dates the browser you're concerned with. In addition, 8.3 is already fixed in the latest nightly builds, and the issue was not evident in any later versions of SmartClient. So, one way or another, you need to upgrade.

However - in this particular case, and as a purely temporary measure while you fix up your bad clientContext code, this statement below should fix it for you, in your build - but note that this is leveraging internal code, which is undocumented, unsupported and subject to change.

Code:
                      isc.RichTextEditor.addProperties({ editAreaProperties: { autoDraw: true } });
                      Last edited by Isomorphic; 8 Apr 2014, 08:22.

Comment

OK thanks, that sorts the issue for us - much appreciated.

Other IE11 issues have now reared their heads in our 8.3 version though and from what you said earlier it sounds like we should upgrade so I'll start a new thread to discuss internalClientContext.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Will the fix ever get to LGPL (8.3p) nightlies? We have the same problem (RichText is not editable in IE10/IE11). :(

I understand that there is a difference between the support for Pro and LGPL, but this seems like a blocker and it would mean a lot if it gets officially fixed.

Comment

It's already fixed in 8.3 nightlies - see smartclient.com/builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                              It's already fixed in 8.3 nightlies - see smartclient.com/builds.
                              Thanks for the quick response.
                              In production we are using SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2014-04-01/LGPL Development Only (built 2014-04-01)
                              ... which is strange, as the download is no longer listed among the 3.1p nightlies. I also tried with 2014-04-03 - still no luck. Please note that we are using SmartGWT, and not SmartClient directly.

I am trying with newer versions now, but this is how the editor looks in IE11.0.2.12 and Chrome ...

The problem is not the styling of course, in IE the buttons are active, but you cannot enter the text area. In chrome, IE8, firefox and so on everything works.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Why are you trying with a build that's two days newer than your old one? There can be a period of time where features are available in SmartClient but have not yet made it into SmartGWT.

The best course of action is to take the latest build, of whatever product and version you're using.

Comment

Working...
                                X