Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

clientonly Datasource multipleStorage

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v9.1d_2014-01-24/Enterprise Deployment (built 2014-01-24)
    FF 25

I have a client only DataSource created via Java which contains DataSourceEnumField fields of editor type SelectItem where multiple = true. I would like to set the multipleStorage to MultipleFieldStorage.SimpleString so that values are saved as simple comma delimited Strings rather than a List however the API for a client DataSourceField does not support multipleStorage (like the server version of DataSourceField does).

Is there any way I can achieve this from a client only DataSource?

This request doesn't make much sense as stated..

The whole point of the multipleStorage subsystem is that you can save an Array/List to the field and you receive an Array/List back, and the round trip to a database field is transparently handled.

A clientOnly DataSource does not need to do anything to implement this feature because the data simply remains an Array, in memory. It never "saves" to a database so it's unclear when you would expect this transformation to happen.

And the only effect of such a transformation, if implemented, would be to break the ability of UI controls to work with the data, since an Array/List is what they expect...

So could you clarify what you need?

Comment

Working...
    X