Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

bug or intended behavior: customSQL=true doesn't exclude includeFrom fields

tested with SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-07-15/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2014-07-15)

I'm starting a dedicated thread for this question:
    http://forums.smartclient.com/showpost.php?p=121296&postcount=2

A field includedFrom a related dataSource will be included even if marked as customSQL=true, and also will be included the tables in the generated $defaultTableClause.

It restricts the usefulness of the includeFrom. Is it a bug or intended behavior?

The primary purpose of includeFrom is to cause a SQL join to be generated. It seems like customSQL="true" would basically render an includeFrom setting invalid - what behaviors were you hoping that it would still have in this circumstance?

Comment

I'd like to have the fields included for a specific operationBinding only (which will use customFields for that).
      So, more generally, I'd like to have the SQL join generated only if there's at least one included field without customSQL=true or marked as customField.
      Does this make sense?
      Last edited by claudiobosticco; 28 Jul 2014, 11:19.

Comment

Double post, sorry

Comment

Ah, that makes sense.

An alternative way to get field inclusion for just one (or a few) operationBindings is to use dsRequest.additionalOutputs.

Regardless, the combination of settings you used do make sense and we'll queue it up to be looked at. Sorry, but we can't provide an ETA of when it will be done.

Comment

thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
              Regardless, the combination of settings you used do make sense and we'll queue it up to be looked at. Sorry, but we can't provide an ETA of when it will be done.
              Hello, I want just to ask if you'll update this thread when (if) this will be implemented.

Comment

Yes, if/when this comes to the front of the queue and gets implemented, the task already has a note to update this thread.

Comment

This is done in 5.1 and is included in nightly builds since October 31.
                  Fields with includeFrom marked with customSQL=true are also excluded from SQL query, but may be still included via operationBinding.customFields.

Comment

Working...
                  X