Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ClassNotFoundException: com.isomorphic.compression.ServletCompression

Hi,

I have just upgraded from SC9.1 to SC10.0 (SmartClient_v100p_2014-09-10_Pro).

So far, everything seems to work, however every time a client makes a DMI call, the following error is added to my server error log, followed by a "ClassNotFoundException" stack trace:

"Compresion enabled in config, but compression module not present - unable to compress"

I haven't been able to workout how to "unconfigure" compression so that the error log doesn't fill with these messages.

Can you help?

Andrew

BTW, this is the start of the stack trace I get...
    Code:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.isomorphic.compression.ServletCompression
            at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1324)
            at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1177)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.classForName(Reflection.java:141)
            at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.getClassCache(Reflection.java:472)
            at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.instantiateClass(Reflection.java:190)
            at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.instantiateClass(Reflection.java:174)
            at com.isomorphic.interfaces.InterfaceProvider.load(InterfaceProvider.java:92)
            at com.isomorphic.servlet.RequestContext.compressIfPossible(RequestContext.java:345)
            at com.isomorphic.servlet.IDACall.processRequest(IDACall.java:141)
            at com.isomorphic.servlet.IDACall.doPost(IDACall.java:76)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:644)

Comment

To disable compression add the following setting to your server.properties file:
      Code:
      servlet.compress: false
      However, since it is a useful feature, you may consider leaving it enabled and add missing isomorphic_compression.jar to classpath.
      Last edited by Isomorphic; 14 Sep 2014, 22:58.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, it is very helpful.

I no longer get the error message with the stack trace, but I do still get this error:
        Code:
        Unable to instantiate class 'com.isomorphic.compression.ServletCompression' - check to make sure you have isomorphic_compression.jar (and its dependencies: isomorphic_core_rpc.jar, ...) in your CLASSPATH
        I would include isomorphic_compression.jar in my classpath if I could, but it isn't included in the "Pro" version. I believe it is part of the Network Performance Module which is only included in the "Power" version and above.

Comment

Apologies for delayed reply. We had temporary issue with compression which is fixed now.
          You may download latest nightly build and try it out. You should not get any errors or warnings.

Comment

Working...
          X