Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Frozen/freezing Fields cause server fetches

SmartClient Version: v9.0p_2014-05-20/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2014-05-20)

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2014-09-21/EVAL Development Only (expires 2014.11.20_04.49.24) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

Chrome, Safari on OSX

I've just noticed that having a field frozen (or freezing a field using the UI) on a paged grid, under some circumstances which I can't state exactly, cause server requests to fetch ALL records.
    I noticed it in one of my grids, it happens with SmartClient 9.0, but I've tested with 10.0 and it happens also.

You could try it in the showCase, #liveFilter sample.

But in the #adaptiveFilter sample it doesn't happen.

Any clues on what's going on?

We can't really do anything with a report like this until you can nail down the circumstances that cause a complete dataset fetch. We've not seen that and we don't see anyone else reporting it.

Comment

Sorry, I said I can't state the circumstances, because it doesn't happen on all samples, but with the #liveFilter sample, it does happen, I've just tested SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2014-09-26/EVAL Development Only (expires 2014.11.25_09.27.48) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

you could see the exact behavior in this video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZJ_4esYyE

Comment

That was a titillating video, but next time you can just say "go to the #liveFilter sample and freeze the Country column" :)

That's sufficient and we see the problem, thanks, we'll check it out.

Comment

We've now made a change to address this issue in 10.0 and 10.1

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2014-10-16/EVAL Deployment (expires 2014.12.15_05.01.46) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

verified, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X