Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hello Isomorphic , sorry for the slow response.

Actually your suggested setting for the ConnectionFactory works like a charm, so now I'm using RabbitMQ streams.

Just in case someone else needs it, this is the working configuration (in the context.xml file of my application):

Code:
    <Resource name="jms/MyConnectionFactory"
                  type="javax.jms.ConnectionFactory"
                  factory="com.rabbitmq.jms.admin.RMQObjectFactory"
                  username="user"
                  password="pwd"
                  virtualHost="my_VH"
                  host="myRabbitMQ_host"
                  channelsQos="100"
                  threadsPerConnection="2"
                  cleanUpServerNamedQueuesForNonDurableTopicsOnSessionClose="true"/>

<ResourceLink global="jms/MyConnectionFactory"
                      name="jms/MyConnectionFactory"
                      type="javax.jms.ConnectionFactory"/>

<Resource auth="Application"
                  name="jms/myChannel"
                  type="javax.jms.Topic"
                  factory="com.rabbitmq.jms.admin.RMQObjectFactory"
                  destinationName="myChannel"
                  amqp="true"
                  amqpExchangeName="jms.durable.topic"
                  amqpRoutingKey="jms/myChannel"
                  amqpQueueName="myChannel"/>
        <ResourceLink global="jms/myChannel"
                      type="javax.jms.Topic"
                      name="jms/myChannel"/>
    in server.properties:

Code:
    messaging.jms.context:_container_
    messaging.jms.jndiPrefix:jms
    messaging.jms.connectionFactory:MyConnectionFactory
    messaging.jms.encoding:json
    using RabbitMQ console I've created a queue of type Stream, named myChannel, bound to an exchange jms.durable.topic (type Topic) with routing key jms/myChannel.

I'm using it with RabbitMQ 3.10.1, and the web application is deployed in a tomcat cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
      SmartClient Version: v13.0p_2022-05-17/Enterprise Deployment (built 2022-05-17)

Hello Isomorphic I think I've found a little bug.

It seems that the connect method of JMSMessageDispatcher is actually picking up only the messaging.jms.connectionFactory property and not topicConnectionFactory/queueConnectionFactory, ie if I define a messaging.jms.topicConnectionFactory: myConnectionFactory it will only look for the default jms/ConnectionFactory.

This seems to happen because when looking for messaging.jms.connectionFactory JMSException is catched, instead of Exception.
      Hello, just to ask if you noticed this post...not a blocker for me, though.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic we have a problem where RabbitMQ memory consumption grows day by day even with low usage. We're now using RabbitMQ 3.10.8, we're using streams with AMQP protocol 0-9-1

Now on the RabbitMQ forum they're asking for details about the consuming application:

https://groups.google.com/g/rabbitmq.../c/Pt8tZQIE8mo

Can you tell me more about how your consuming applications are using streams over AMQP. Do they disconnect frequently? If so do they send a basic.cancel first or just terminate the channel?
        Could you please tell me those details? Or feel free to post directly on the forum.

EDIT: see https://forums.smartclient.com/forum...time-messaging
        Last edited by claudiobosticco; 8 Dec 2022, 14:31.

Comment

Also, I'm considering to try the stream protocol instead of AMQP https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.../PROTOCOL.adoc

Have you tried it? How would I configure the Realtime Messaging to use it?

Comment

Is this related to Remote Debugging or to other usage?

If other usage, can you please start a new thread and describe what you're usage is there?

Comment

Working...
            X