Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

cell padding doesn't seem to work on ListGrid

The data in my ListGrid columns is too tight to each other. No matter what value I set for cellPadding, it doesn't seem to matter. Should this actually be done via custom styling?

Correct, cell padding is controlled via CSS styling in the grid, not the cellPadding attribute.

Comment

I think the documentation should then be altered, because that mentions cellPadding as a valid attribute for a grid, even the code shows it is, but it isn't working.

If I were to do it with a class how can I set it for the whole grid? I now set the styling via
      Code:
      .listTable td {
        padding: 5px;
      }
      (Thus using the table's class name generated by SmartClient itself).
      Last edited by wallytax; 16 Oct 2014, 12:24.

Comment

The cellPadding is applied, the thing is, any padding in the CSS overrides it, so that's where you should generally apply padding.

Modify per-cell styling via listGrid.baseStyle.

Do not use selectors like you are attempting; that relies on an assumption that all the TDs we generate happen to be ones you want to style (not the case).

Comment

I tried to set the base style, but then I need to specify the full style for the columns based on the original theme, or not? At least when I changed the base style the whole grid looked different.

Comment

Working...
          X