Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Scroll bar is disabled for Firefox and IE text areas but enabled for Chrome

1. SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-07-23/Pro Deployment (built 2014-07-23)
    2. Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
    3. N/A
    4. N/A
    5. N/A
    6. Code follows

Code:
    isc.DynamicForm.create({
        width: 300,
        fields: [
               {
                 title:"TextArea",  type:"textArea", disabled : true, height : 40,
                 value : "Extremely long comment that spans several lines and requires a vertical scroll bar. Additional characters follow to increase the comment length."
               }
        ]
    });
    On Firefox and IE, this renders a disabled text area with a disabled scroll bar. Hence it is impossible to scroll to the bottom of the text area.

In Chrome, the text area is disabled but the scroll bar is enabled allowing the user to scroll the text area.

I would expect the disabled text area to have an enabled scroll bar (in all browsers) to allow scrolling.

The latest build (10.0p Built 2014-10-22) has this bug and so does the v9.1p_2014-07-23/Pro Deployment (built 2014-07-23) which is my production deployment.
    I would require a fix as from v9.1p_2014-07-23/Pro Deployment (built 2014-07-23).

See formItem.readOnlyDisplay - it looks like you want the "readOnly" setting.

Your complaint of inconsistency would be best submitted to the browser vendors, since what you're seeing is how each browser chooses to represent the "disabled" appearance.

Comment

Issue is solved

Issue is solved - Thanks.
      Will tweak some CSS to get the required visual output on the "readonly" status of the FormItem.

Comment

Working...
      X