Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Are legends possible in a DynamicForm?

I want to group some fields in a DynamicForm. I have found a way of doing this by creating a ValueManager and defining several small forms that all point to the same ValueManager instance. This works, but I wonder if this is the best way. I know I can also use sections, but this is not giving me the desired look and feel.

Check out http://www.smartclient.com/docs/10.0/a/b/c/go.html#attr..Canvas.isGroup

This will print a group line around the layout and print the grouptitle of the canvas.

Comment

I use the isGroup and groupTitle options, but that means I need to split the form in multiple pieces. Not a disaster, but I wonder if there's an simpler approach.

Comment

use ValuesManager

I found an old thread with kind of the same problem: http://forums.smartclient.com/archive/index.php/t-14738.html

Seems like "ValuesManager" is what you are looking for.

Comment

I am indeed using the ValuesManager and define several forms and this works, but it is quite some extra lines to add, because for all these forms I need to set { isGroup: true, padding: 5 }. I've tried creating an GroupedForm class deriving from DynamicForm and only adding these two properties, but somehow this doesn't work. At least I am not seeing a border around the form.

Code:
              isc.defineClass('GroupedForm', isc.DynamicForm).addProperties({
                  isGroup: true,
                  padding: 5
              });
          Last edited by wallytax; 25 Mar 2015, 01:24. Reason: Added example

Comment

Via another post, I found out that this will work, but I think that's not nice. One should be able to derive from a (Canvas) class and set isGroup to true without the need to manually set the border and group title.

Code:
                    isGroup: true,
                    padding: 5,

initWidget: function () {
                        this.setBorder(this.groupBorderCSS);
                        this.setGroupTitle(this.groupTitle);
                        this.Super('initWidget', arguments);
                    }
                });

Comment

If the first line in Canvas.setIsGroup would be commented out (but I'm sure it's there for optimization reasons), it will work.

Code:
              setIsGroup : function (isGroup) {
                  if (isGroup == this.isGroup) return;
                  // ...
              }
              Another way of fixing it is by creating this derived class (which is slightly cleaner than the previous example):

Code:
                      padding: 5,

init: function () {
                          this.Super('init', arguments);
                          this.setIsGroup(true);
                      }
                  });
              I think the cause of the problem is that setIsGroup() in Canvas is called to soon (it's called in init());

Comment

There was a bug in Canvas.init() with this line of code: delete this.isGroup, which was solved.
                The fix will be available as of tomorrow's build.

Isomorphic Software

Comment

That's great news! Thanks for the fast response (and fix). I will check tomorrow's build (because of different time zones, it's not fully clear what "tomorrow" is, but I just checked the latest build and I didn't see any differences).

Comment

Working...
                  X