Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

An awkward dot is appearing on the UI for a tab

Hello,

We are using Smart Client libraries for all UI purposes, recently I have upgraded the libraries to version 10.0 and started encountering the issue described below.

I see a . (Dot) coming in the UI due to Tab; which our customers have complained it as un needed element on the UI and it looks awkward on the UI. It is not serving any purpose; please eliminate it.

Attached are the screen shots on both UI page and also our debug details

The reason for this is, We want to create a tab as shown the screen shot and we are using Tab (from your libraries) for that purpose and in doing so Smartclient library is inserting an image baseline_stretch.png which is causing the . (dot) to appear on the UI.

In the runtime generated code (Please refer to attachment), Its width is defined as 93 pixel and if I change it beyond 99 it disappears (which is good for us), however we do not have any control on it as this is being generated at run time.

Please refer to screen shots attached and let us know by when a fix is expected for this issue.

Regards,
    Harish
    Attached Files

Since you're moving to 10.0, we strongly, strongly recommend you use one of the modern skins: Enterprise, EnterpriseBlue or Graphite. These are also much more efficient than other skins (see CSS3Mode discussion in skinning guide).

However, we do see this dot issue in the old "SmartClient" skin and we'll check it out.

Comment

An awkward dot is appearing on the UI for a tab

Is there any way I can address this issue without using one of the modern skins: Enterprise, EnterpriseBlue or Graphite. These skins may be more efficient than other skins, its a big effort for me to re-write the code once agian to use new skins. We don;'t have the time to do it, we need this issue to be addressed in the existing scenario.

Can you provide me the fix with the existing way as this issue is tracked to Smart Client libraries

Thanks,
      Harish

Comment

It's already queued up for investigation. We expect to have a resolution in the framework - or at least more information for you - soon.
        We'll keep you posted!

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

We see what the issue is and are determining the best course of action in terms of how to fix it in the framework.

In the meantime, we have a quick workaround which should solve this for you: You can add the following configuration to your TabSet to suppress this odd artifact (or indeed to all tabSets).

Code:
              tabBarProperties:{
                 baseLineProperties:{
                     items:[
                        {name:"start", width:"capSize", height:"capSize"},
                        {name:"stretch", width:"*", height:"*"}
                     ]
                 }
              }
          We'll keep you informed as we work towards a framework fix for this issue.

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
          X