Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to get read access to source repository for smartclient?

I would like to get read access to source repository for smartclient. What is the process for getting that access? Thanks.

Thanks for wanting to get involved, Farrukh. However, because access to the SmartClient repository takes a while to set up and requires an NDA and VPN access, it's something we arrange only for people who have made significant contributions already and will continue to make future contributions at a steady clip, so that they can be more tightly integrated with the rest of the dev team. This is similar to committer policies on other OSS projects. For now, it's best to submit any contributions as patches.

Comment

Just to be clear I was not looking for committer access but "readonly" access. Open read access to source repositories is pretty much the norm on open source projects and that is what I was asking for. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Farrukh,

We include sources in each release of SmartClient LGPL. Those are the right sources to use to enable others to use anything you might create (otherwise it could be incompatible). For now, we cannot directly open CVS access because there's a lot of confidential information in the main CVS repository, but we are considering reflecting access out to a read-only public SVN or similar.

Comment

Can you please tell me where I can find the sources to the latest build that is being used by smartgwt snapshots. I looked at this page but I am unable to find the sources for 7.0beta4 (built 2009-03-24) which is what the Dev Console reports as the version being used by today's SmartGWT snapshot.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X