Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

showResizeBar Error in 70RC

I replaced my beta copy with the RC and now I get the error "'showResizeBar' is null or not an object" in IE (version 7). I do not get this with FF.

It seems to most often happen when I attempt to open a popup window but there is at least one page that does it during the load. I am still testing other pages.

Of course, IE doesn't give me much to work with. In fact the line number that it shows in the error dialog doesn't exist in the file it says it is in.

None of my code I have reviewed so far makes any reference to showResizeBar.

Any idea where I start to figure out the problem?
    Last edited by markwagoner; 23 Apr 2009, 11:59.

For JS errors in IE, a stack trace appears in the Developer Console. You should always have the console open.

Comment

I currently have the same problem after changing from 6.5 to 7.0RC2
      Console shows the following:

Code:
      16:04:05.389:INFO:Log:initialized
      16:04:08.061:WARN:DynamicForm:isc_DynamicForm_0:Encountered empty entry in items array - removing this entry.
      16:04:08.529:WARN:Log:Error:
      	''showResizeBar' is null or not an object'
      	in http://localhost:9081/a2p/techSpecManagement/advancedTechSpecOverview.do
      	at line 519
          Layout.$62s()
          Layout.initWidget(Obj, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef, undef)
          Canvas.init(_1=>Obj, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef, _7=>undef, _8=>undef, _9=>undef, _10=>undef, _11=>undef, _12=>undef, _13=>undef)
          Class.completeCreation(_1=>Obj, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef, _7=>undef, _8=>undef, _9=>undef, _10=>undef, _11=>undef, _12=>undef, _13=>undef)
          Class.create(_1=>Obj, _2=>undef, _3=>undef, _4=>undef, _5=>undef, _6=>undef, _7=>undef, _8=>undef, _9=>undef, _10=>undef, _11=>undef, _12=>undef, _13=>undef)
              "var _14=this.createRaw();_14=_14.completeCreation(_1,_2,_3,_4,_5,_6,_7,_8,_9,_10,_11,_12,_13);return _14"
      The jsp this error occurs in also has a popup window.
      But other screens with a popup don't have this error.
      But the jsp also declares some classes for reuse
      Like this one:
      Code:
      	isc.defineClass("TechSpecDimension", "Label").addProperties({
      	        height: 50,
      	        width:77,
      	    	padding: 1,
      	   	 align: "center",
      	    	valign: "center",
      	    	wrap: true,
      	    	showEdges: true,
      	    	canDragRecordsOut: true,
      	        canAcceptDroppedRecords: false,
      	        canReorderRecords: false,
      	        dragDataAction: "move",
      	        canDragReposition:true,
      	    	canDrop:true,
      	    	dragAppearance:"target"
      	}
      Perhaps that property should be set on them as well?
      Or is it probably something completely different (I'm just guessing here)?

[Edit]
      It appears to be a dangling , error.
      We created some labels as follows:
      Code:
      	<script>
      		isc.HStack.create({position:"relative", height:60, members:[
      			<c:forEach items="${dimensions}" var="dimension">                                              
      				isc.TechSpecDimension.create({
      				    	id:'<c:out value="${dimension.id}"/>', 
      					    contents: '<bean:message key="${dimension.description}"/>'
      				    }),
      		    </c:forEach>
      		]}) 
      	</script>
      (Note the , after each element).
      If I add a isc.StaticTextItem.create({}) after the </c:forEach> tag it appears to be working fine.
      Last edited by Diether; 24 Nov 2009, 07:22.

Comment

I have this issue in my project too, will be this bug in Smartclient repaired?

Comment

Solved, i have missed "," in the code. In FF and Opera it was ok, but IE show error.

Comment

Working...
          X