Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Not that I know of. We've actually implemented the popup approach as
    described here and it does work. It's not as nice as having the actual thing
    embedded, but it's OK.

Kinds regards,

Comment

Thanks - Good to know - then i dont need to try !
      So you implemented it the way with a button in the grid - which then opens the dialog ?

Comment

I don't know if what we have implemented is optimal but it works. Here's a high level overview:

We created a custom class (1) that extends CanvasItem. Any field that you want to have rendered
        using this custom CanvasItem, inside your listGrid, must have their "type" DataSource Field Property
        set to that class name.

That custom class (1) in its init() method creates a VLayout which contains another custom
        class (2) which holds the actual "custom layout" to be embedded within the list. (We have that
        additional indirection because we needed to reuse that custom layout in other contexts
        than lists - You may not need this).

Our CanvasItem derived class (1) implements the getValue(), setValue() and focusInItem() methods.

The actual layout class (2) is just a standard VLayout derived class which contains
        a DynamicForm and buttons. When some of its buttons are clicked, we use the Window.create()
        method to add the popup. If the canvas is living within the context of a listGrid, we have
        it positioned nicely aligned with the actual listGrid row/column that initiated the click action.

It works out quite well and isn't as ugly as I would have expected it. I would have preferred
        working directly inside the listGrid's canvas, but the proposed workaround was good
        enough for us, at least for now. It also allows us to have fields with a larger edit real-estate (as
        compared to when it's just being displayed in non-edit mode).

Good luck with your implementation specifics!

Comment

thanks - that gives me an idea where to start !

Comment

Hi yavery ,
            Could you post the code that you developed for this ?

Thnx.

Comment

I can't really post any code per say (NDA in effect), but I think version 8 of the framework makes some of
              this a bit simpler. I may be wrong about this, but I recall reading something in one of the "what's new" files
              for version 8 ...

I can answer specific questions if that can help ...

Kind regards,

Comment

Working...
              X