Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can't get a calendar to create

This should be easy, but I'm not getting anything helpful to track down the problem.

My includes...
    Code:
    <!--  SmartClient JavaScript Library -->
    <script type="text/javascript">var isomorphicDir="../isomorphic/";</script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Core.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Foundation.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Containers.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Grids.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Forms.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Calendar.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Drawing.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">isc.screenReader = true;</script>
    <script type="text/javascript">isc.setAutoDraw(false);</script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js"></script>
    My very simple test code...
    Code:
    isc.Page.setEvent('load',function(){
        isc.VLayout.create({
            autoDraw: true,
            width:  "100%",
            height: "100%",
            layoutMargin: 10,

members: 
            [
                isc.Calendar.create({top: 0, left: 0})		 
            ]
        });
    });
    Both FireBug and the SC Developer Console give an error:
    this.selection.isSelected is not a function
    isc.A.getRowWAIState=function(_1){var _...isSelected(_1)){return{selected:true}}}

Also, in the Developer Console 'Watch' tab, a TabBar and 8 ImgButtons are reported to exist (though nothing is showing on screen). The position reported for the TabBar is (0, -19998). All the buttons have a large negative y value as well.

Ideas?

Your includes are out of order. See the order shown in the QuickStart Guide and in the templates/ directory and note any optional modules must be
    loaded after those shown in the QuickStart / templates.

Comment

Other than the location of Calendar, it looks to me my includes match the docs and template. I've tried moving Calendar to different places, but it doesn't matter if Calendar and Drawing come after DataBinding or even after load_skin.js. I keep getting the same problem.

Comment

It's not the location, it's the order.

Comment

I think this is what you are telling me to do...
          Code:
          <!--  SmartClient JavaScript Library -->
          <script type="text/javascript">var isomorphicDir="../isomorphic/";</script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Core.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Foundation.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Containers.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Grids.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Forms.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Calendar.js"></script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Drawing.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">isc.screenReader = true;</script>
          <script type="text/javascript">isc.setAutoDraw(false);</script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="../isomorphic/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js"></script>

I'm telling you that changing the location of where calender is in this list of includes (aka its order) doesn't make it do anything different. It still don't work.

If you're telling me something else, I'm not getting it *puzzled*

Comment

No luck reproducing this, SmartClient 7.0RC2, IE8, FF3.5, Safari4. If you are experiencing a problem only in one browser, please be very sure to point that out.

Comment

I get the error in FF3.x, IE7, IE8 and Chrome.

I've tried this test with both 70RC and 70RC2_LGPL, both with the same results.
              Attached Files

Comment

If I remove the line that sets screenReader=true, the calendar will create w/o any reported errors.

Comment

Where you not able to reproduce given the latest findings???

Can I not use screenReader=true and the calendar widget together?
                  Is the calendar not accessible?
                  Is this going to be fixed?

Comment

Hi Tony
                    Yep we see it.
                    Fixed internally

Posted a patch here:
                    http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=7233

To use, add the patch code to your bootstrap file after loading the SmartClient libraries.
                    Note this patch is specific to version 7.0rc2, since it will not be required with 7.0 final. Let us know if you have a different build and we can tweak the patch (actually as easy as changing the "isc.version" check for this case) to work for your build.

Thanks
                    Isomorphic software

Comment

Very good. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X