Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Get dragTracker instance during a drag operation

I have a group of isc.Window instances that I can drag around the browser window. I have figured out how to keep the window from being able to be moved outside of the visible browser window by overriding dragRepositionStop and dragRepositionMove. At the end of a move I can successfully place the window back in the visible area if the user attempted to drag the window out of the visible window.

What I can't do is keep the dragTracker from leaving the visible browser window during a drag.

I'm sure I can do it if I can figure out how to get a handle to the instance of the dragTacker canvas while inside dragRepositionMove() for the window.

So the question: During a drag operation, how can I locate the dragTracker canvas instance so that I can perform operations on it?

EventHandler has a setDragTracker() method that allows me to create a custom tracker, but it doesn't have a getDragTracker() function to allow me to manipulate the existing tracker (like the default outline).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Chris
    Last edited by reaper; 9 Oct 2009, 23:21. Reason: Title was misleading

I should also point out that keepInParentRect will not work since I want the user to be able to move the window partially off screen.

Having said that: All my tests seem to indicate that the rectangle parameters that can be passed to keepInParentRect are static and are set during the window instantiation and that I can't change their values dynamically (like if the user resizes the browser window) after the isc.Window is instantiated.

If this isn't the case then I'm happy to use keepInParentRect, but I need to know how to set that value either as soon as the browser is resized, or at the start of the drag.

-Chris

Comment

OK, I've solved my immediate problem. I can constrain the tracker with keepInParentRect by doing:
      Code:
      dragRepositionStart: function(){
        this.keepInParentRect = [newLeft, newTop, newRight, newBottom];
      }
      where newLeft, newTop...., etc are calculated values.

I would still like to know how to get the dragTracker instance though since I would like to be able to control it's look based on various drop targets.

Thanks,
      -Chris

Comment

You probably want to consider a custom drag - turn off the builtin dragAppearance and generate your own drag tracker, place it yourself and
        move it yourself (implementing your constraints) and update it's appearance as necessary.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

I'm still getting familiar with this forum. I didn't realize I didn't automatically get e-mail notifications when I posted, and the 'instant notification' setting was below the fold and I didn't even see it when posting.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
          X