Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Menu displayed inside canvas automatically

I have a canvas (technically a modal isc.Window) that needs to contain two vertical menu's that are positioned side by side horizontally.

I can create two menu button's side by side easy, but that requires a user to press the button to display the first level of the menu. I have tried creating a menu bar with similar results.

So the question:

Is it possible to have the first level of a menu be expanded and displayed inside a specified canvas, without the need to click some kind of button?

Alternative solution:

Can a single MenuButton bring up a two columned menu structure? I'm not referring to a single menu with a second column (ex. containing a check box or something), but two distinct menu's contained within the same display canvas that is activated when clicking the menu button.

Basically I'm trying to create something similar to the Start menu on a Microsoft Windows (XP, or Vista style) computer, where the single Start button pops up one window with 2 distinct menu's.

A normal MenuButton works great for a single column menu, but I couldn't figure out how to add the second menu. At that point I switched to a custom button that pops up a modal window with an embedded HLayout each of which needs to contain a menu. Having the modal window that contains the menu's is my preferred solution because it allows me to place the window anywhere on the screen, and add more than simple menu items to the window.

So, ideally I'm looking for how to display the first level of a menu inside a custom canvas without the need to press some kind of button after displaying the canvas.

Thanks,
    -Chris

RE: Menu displayed inside canvas automatically

I too want a similar thing. Basically have the menu always open inside a vertical navigation bar.

Looking at the JavaDoc the menu class is a child of ListGrid so it should be posible, and by setting

menu.setAutoDraw(true);

this seems to work.

Comment

RE: Menu displayed inside canvas automatically

also need to add

menu.setAutoDismiss(false);

Comment

Working...
      X