Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to freeze selection check box column?

Hello,

I have an application using 7.0rc2 and I use a grid with selection appearance set to CHECKBOX. I have a lot of columns, and I'd like to freeze the check box selection column.
    I've tried to set frozen attribute "true", but it doesn't work.

How can I freeze the checkbox selection column by default in a listGrid component?

thanks.

Hi,

I also need help resolving this issue. Our ListGrid has many columns and is wider than a single screen. When the user scrolls to the right the checkbox must remain visible as the left-hand column.

How do we achieve this please?

Regards,
    Gary

Comment

We added a dummy field with no title and simply froze that:

ListGridField dummyField = new ListGridField("dummyColname","");

dummyField.setFrozen(true);
      dummyField.setWidth("1px");
      dummyField.setShowDefaultContextMenu(false);
      dummyField.setCanSort(false);

myListGrid.setFields(dummyField,field1,field2,field3);

Don't know if that is the correct approach. But at least it works.

Comment

It doesn't look like this post is getting any attention. I'm also trying to solve this problem and am only seeing google searches without conclusions. I've tried adding code to a listGrid onDraw handler (looks like that is the only place to get generated field objects). I get the "_checkboxField" object successfully, invoke the setFrozen(true) method but it never actually freezes. Using the unpublished "_checkBoxField" name or assuming it is field 1 seems dangerous too. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

freezeField() is what you want to do. field.setFrozen() is for configuring a field before it is passed to the ListGrid, not for making a live change to a pre-existing field. See also setFieldProperties().

Comment

Working...
          X