Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Builtin support for xml based GUI and templates

It would be good if we have some built in support for screen templates in XML format

Already exists.

Comment

Yes ,

I know this.
      I have used Visual builder before.
      This is the way where we use jsp files with Canvas.getById().
      JSP files internally referes to the XML based syntax

We eveluated VisualBuilder and found it in a very primitive stage.
      1)The GUI generated can not be loaded back because of syntax errors
      2)When we change the properties they go in the generated code.But, are not reflected under the properties tab in the VB's GUI.They are reset
      3)The datasources are included in the js files generated resulting in global id conflicts
      4)The sc /modules folder location is wrong

Similar to above we almost founf 9 to 10 bugs in VB which makes it difficult to use.
      Also, our custom components are to be written in js or xml.So there we can not utilize the power of smartgwt's java code.

What I am looking for is. An XML based syntax which can reuse our custom components wriiten in java

Comment

Thanks for being more specific.

Issues 1, 2, and 4 are most likely the result of incorrect installation.

3 is something we plan to address, but it just generates harmless warnings.

If you think you've found other bugs, please report them individually (and not in the wishlist forum). However they could be tied to problems 1, 2, and 4, so we'd suggest downloading the latest nightly and using the new setup guide to ensure correct installation.

As far as custom components in Java, as we've noted elsewhere, this is due to a GWT limitation but we have an approach that should get around it, so consider Feature Sponsorship if this is a key problem for you.

Comment

Working...
        X