Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

When will there be a Smartclient 8.0 or 7.*?

Hi,
    I was wondering is there an overview of functionality on which Smartclient is working on or planning to release for a next version?

A related question: when will there be a new release of Smartclient?

The current version is 7.0RC2. This release is I think about 9 months old. I have tried it and it works quite fine, is the RC2 in reality the final release? Or what is the release (numbering) policy of Smartclient?

As a side remark, I also noticed that both the blog and news page of Smartclient are getting quite old (at least afaics and imho). The last blog is from mid-last year. This seems less vibrant then I would expect from an open source company, especially when I compare it with extjs:
    http://www.extjs.com/blog/

Are there any plans at Smartclient to revamp the website/offer more insight/news than is currently done?

gr. Martin

8.0 pre-release nightlies are already available. All of the features you see added to SmartGWT are features of 8.0.

7.0RC2 is a production release. There will be a 7.1 which principally rolls up patches since RC2, and contains documentation updates.

We do plan both a website revamp and consistent blog updates as features land in mainline (now that nightlies are available to try them out). We're working through some process issues first (like getting customers automated access to licensed builds of SmartGWT).

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.

Regarding new features, do you mean that the new features mentioned in smartgwt (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/release_notes.html#2_1) will be/are available in Smartclient javascript also?

Btw, I also saw the mention of Selenium support, there will also be support for this in the 8.0 Smartclient release?

gr. Martin

Comment

Yes and yes. In fact, early Selenium support now appears in the latest SC nightlies (see smartclientSDK/tools/selenium - user-guide.html). The same materials work with SGWT, but aren't in the build yet.

Comment

Hi,
          One more question, what is the envisioned time-plan for the 8.0 release?

gr. Martin

Comment

Hi,
            I am still wondering/anxious to know what the envisioned time plan for the 8.0 release is....

gr. Martin

Comment

hi,

have you got any further information about the planned 8.0+ release if exists, which can have selenium well supported?

BRs. NicolasS

Comment

SmartClient 8.0 entered public beta at the end of July 2010.
                It includes a large number of features since 7.0, including selenium support.

You can find all the information in our blog post here:
                http://www.isomorphic.dreamhosters.com/?p=145

Regards
                Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                X