Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Sponsoring select all feature in virtually paged grids

We love the virtual paging feature in the ListGrid, but the lack of ability to do a select all when there are a lot of records is problematic for us. I understand why it is that why right now, but I was wondering what it might cost to sponsor supporting this feature. I understand it would have to work differently than the current getSelection() method, but it could be something as simple as allowing the selectAll box to be checked, and if it is checked direct the user to a new method like getUnselected() or something so a message could be sent to the server to specify to the server to perform an action on all records matching a search except the ones specified.

If you are open to us sponsoring this feature please contact me at msivertson@moesol.com.

Thanks,
    Matt

We considered that approach, except then you run into the possibility of unselecting large numbers of unloaded rows as well. Eg, select all, drag scrollbar to the middle of a partially loaded large list, shift-click. Now the correct behavior is that half the rows are selected, so..

What we have implemented in the past is a selection mode where calls are made to the server to mark rows as selected, so that the server maintains a selection model and newly loaded rows are marked selected or not-selected in the actual record data. If you'd like that as a sponsored feature, it would be eligible, just use the Contact form under "Company" to start the dialog.

Comment

Working...
    X