Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Portal layout

Feature request regarding SmartClient version 8 for all browsers

The suggestion here concerns adding capabilities to the portal layout component to help the development of portal applications like Netvibes / iGoogle and especially portal platforms like JBoss/Exo Gatein (here is the video demonstration http://www.exoplatform.com/company/p...ork/GateIn-GS). The goal of the following suggested capabilities is to help the dynamic conception of a page layout visually on the front end.

- An option to allow the user to manually resize vertically and horizontally a "portlet" instead of just vertically fitting the content and horizontally following the width of columns in which portlet appear (that means, we could want a portlet to have a width smaller than the column).

- This one is illustrated in the video (12:30 on the timeline to see it quickly) for which i provided the link at the beginning. Actually, the portal layout follows a disposition allowing portlets drag & drop through columns. A more flexible way to set the page layout would be useful for using the portlets. First, by allowing the page layout definition on the front end user side and instead of only columns, allow building of zones by defining them through a table approach instead of columns. That would allow a layout like this :
    Portlet A | Portlet B
    P O R T L E T C
    instead of just
    Portlet A | Portlet B | Portlet C
    Portlet D | Portlet E | Portlet F

- Vertical and horizontal scroll bars or sliders to scroll the portlet content

On the programmer side, i suggest an easy way to add commands in the portlet title bar (next to minimize / maximize / close buttons)
    Last edited by Cloud; 15 Nov 2010, 13:14.

The PortalLayout, PortalColumn etc components are now part of the free version. Take a look at them and indicate what specific enhancements you might be interested in - Feature Sponsorship is a process to get them added to the framework.

Comment

Interesting news in switching portal into the free edition to take a drive with it.
      I already described specific enhancements for portal here but thanks for pointing Feature Sponsorship which is a nice approach

Comment

Working...
      X