Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Theme update

Just seen the upcoming Extjs4 Themes video on the Sencha website link, it just blew me away. http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs4-preview/

Any chance of a comparable feature in Smartclient? I did read a while back that sprites were being looked at but even that seems out of date now.

Regards

Chris

We've already got the Simplicity theme, which uses all CSS3 for rounded edges, etc, and has almost no images. We similarly make heavy use of CSS3 in the Mobile skin. Work to switch Enterprise and other themes over to this model is in progress.

Anything in particular jump out in this video? From what we've seen you can now change the color of the theme more easily, but the engine remains very rigid with respect to component sizes, plug-replaceable renderers for different components, etc (capabilities of the SmartClient engine).

Comment

It was the use of variables rather than editing the CSS itself that I found compelling and how they had managed to reduce the amount of generated code. Of course I understand this was a carefully crafted demo.

I was actually unaware that simplicity was mainly CSS based and will now have a closer look at it.

Many Thanks

Chris

BTW love the revised website.
      Last edited by Chris_A_Wood; 11 Mar 2011, 02:23.

Comment

Working...
      X