Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Source Code for Widgets in SmartGWTPro Version

I would very much like to be able to debug widgets in Javascript. This is currently only possible when using the LGPL version, since the Pro version only contains only an obfuscated/minified version of widgets such as ListGrid.

While I understand there is some 'secret sauce' stuff in the Pro version of the client, would it not be possible to move that part to a different jar or source file? Or is it the case that it is really tightly integrated into the LGPL code?

This is really one of my biggest pains in using SmartGWT. Please consider making a debug version of the library for the Pro and up versions that contain un-minified/obfuscated versions of the pro version.

I would appreciate this for the SmartClient Pro and up editions as well. Both the client and server source would be very useful. Debug versions would help one to better comprehend the framework, troubleshoot advanced API usage and performance issues, and submit higher quality bug reports and feature requests.

Given that the majority of the client code is already open-source it seems particularly odd that paying customers aren't offered the same benefit as non-paying customers for this part at least. It would seem perfectly reasonable to accept an extended license agreement, or if need be execute a non-disclosure agreement, as a prerequisite to downloading client and server debug versions.

This was also requested here: http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=8070.

Comment

Working...
    X