Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Eclipse GWTD plugin for Smart 3.0^

After upgrading to Smart 3.0p I noticed this in my designer now "WindowBuilder supports only SmartGWT versions 2.4, 2.5. But 3.0p found".

Quick search online and found that Google will no longer support Smart GWT beyond 2.5 for GWTD and they explicitly state that the Smart GWT makers would have to be responsible going forward. Although I'm sure some of you were already aware of this, I didn't see this make the wishlist therefore I thought I'd get one out there at least.

As added wishlist bonus...
    1. Can you make the new designer not allow for standard GWT objects to be included into a Smart GWT object and vise-versa IF they will not work perfectly together?
    2. If it's best practice to not use the RootPanel class to initially load the components can you make the code handle that for us automatically?
    3. Can you provide code generators that will generate the Smart GWT recommended way of handling navigation events, button clicks, server call back methods, etc.
    4. If Composites are possible with SmartGWT now can you please create a code generater which will get that started for us?

Please see the new FAQ item on GWT Designer. Good suggestions, which Google has now made it possible for you to implement!

Comment

Working...
    X