I love smartcient. I would like to propose the following:

"Embedded IIoT smartclient" for MQTT and OPC UA servers:

1. Ignition: IIoT That Works
    https://inductiveautomation.com/resources/webinar

2. What Is MQTT?
    https://inductiveautomation.com/what-is-mqtt

3.Ignition OPC-UA Server
    https://inductiveautomation.com/prod...onopc/download

I will also invite some excellent OPC UA experts in GitHub to evaluate smartclient as an embedded web cient for RTUs.

We've moved this over to a new thread.

What specifically did you have in mind as far as special support for OPC UA in SmartClient? The SmartClient Server consists of a set of ordinary .jars, and can be used with or without the included servlets, and it's also straightforward to use just the SmartClient JavaScript engine with a non-Java backend (eg .NET).

So what more could be added to SmartClient to make it even more useful in the scenarios you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post

So what more could be added to SmartClient to make it even more useful in the scenarios you have in mind?
      I suggest you to change the topic as "MQTT and OPC UA web client by SmartClient".

What's MQTT?:
      MQTT is a Client Server publish/subscribe messaging transport protocol. It is light weight, open, simple, and designed so as to be easy to implement. These characteristics make it ideal for use in many situations, including constrained environments such as for communication in Machine to Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) contexts where a small code footprint is required and/or network bandwidth is at a premium.

What's OPC UA?:
      OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) is an industrial M2M communication protocol for interoperability developed by the OPC Foundation. It is the successor to Open Platform Communications (OPC). The Foundation's goal for this project was to provide a path forward to a cross-platform service-oriented architecture (SOA) for process control, while enhancing security and providing an information model.[1]

SmartClient for IIoT and Infrastructure automation:
      SmartClient has the potential to be deployed as an embedded web SCADA server and web client for RTUs. Schneider Electric, SIEMENS and Beckhoff automation are key players in infrastructure automation. I can see a very huge potential for SmartClient on ARM platform. Infrastructure automation needs a platform to manage 1000's of geographically distributed sites across a city and provide service for contractors and infrastructure managers. A very interesting component would be an "Alarm Client" on Android mobile like Skype. In case of any Alarms, SmartClient server must call the respective Alarm Client running on the maintenance technician's mobile as per the shift duty protocol. In short, the Alarm Client will behave like a "Skype for M2M".

I think we need to discuss further on how to take forward this idea before i write a lot of stuff on this forum :).
      Last edited by alamsha; 14 Mar 2016, 21:40.

Comment

Android AlarmClient for IIoT servers:

The best way to kickstart "MQTT and OPC UA web client by SmartClient" project is:

Build an "AlarmClient for IIoT servers" on Android platform. The IIoT servers are mainly SCADA servers like Ignition, Wonderware, SIEMENS WinCC OA, Rockwell RSVIEW etc. My Ignition OPC UA server can be accessed at:

opc.tcp://alamscada.dynu.com:4096

We must aim to make this AlarmClient as a "Skype for M2M".

Here M2M means "Machine 2 Man"
        Last edited by alamsha; 15 Mar 2016, 01:20.

Comment

It sounds like you have identified a particular application that can be built with SmartClient that might be an exciting business opportunity for you or for some company, however, Isomorphic is a provider of general-purpose frameworks and development tools - we wouldn't generally pursue a particular vertical application like this.

As we mentioned before, if there are specific features that you think should be added to SmartClient that would help in implementing applications of the kind you propose, this is a good place to post about those.

As far as actually building an application (as opposed to adding features to our products), we can support the development of such an application in a variety of ways, via our commercial services.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
            As far as actually building an application (as opposed to adding features to our products), we can support the development of such an application in a variety of ways, via our commercial services.
            Is it possible to add MQTT and OPC UA client capability in SmartClient?.

Comment

We can't see any impediments. As covered above, the server libraries can be used anywhere Java is allowed, and the client libraries anywhere a web browser is involved.

Comment

Working...
              X