Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

a hook to override the editor used inside a ListGrid when using openRecordEditor()

This is a similar feature request that Prasad mentions here
    http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=5917

in place editing of a row inside the ListGrid is great - I'd love to use it in an application I'm building.

But it'd be good to be able to customise the dynamic form that is created. I've found that even setting setStartRow(true) and setEndRow(true) on each form item associated with each DataSourceField has no effect in the layout of the form.

Would it be possible to register some handler that creates/configures the dynamic editor - or even setting a DynamicForm to be used by the openRecordEditor()?

Ideally I'd prefer it if we could be allowed to replace the current highlighted row in the ListGrid with a DynamicForm of our choosing if thats possible :).

Keep up the great work guys, SmartClient/SmartGWT rocks!

Hi jstrachan,

The intent here is to add a general-purpose capability to attach components to cells and rows with different layout policies, which allows for embedded editors, nested grids, expanding rows and other use cases.

This is actually partway implemented and documented, and already in use by some customers - if you're curious you can look at the ListGrid.addEmbeddedComponent/removeEmbeddedComponent APIs in ListGrid.js (and you can call them now in SmartClient, or in SmartGWT via JSNI).

If you're in a position to consider Feature Sponshorship, there's a lot of "bang for the buck" here as this feature is fairly far along already.

Comment

Hello; are there any updates on this issue? This is a feature we would love to have. I'll see if my company has any interest in sponsoring it, but the first thing they'll want to know is: how much is done already, and what remains?

Thanks,
      Laird

Comment

Hi Laird,

Use the contact form linked from the Feature Sponsorship page to list out your specific requirements, and then we can give an estimate relative to what's there already.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic

This is actually partway implemented and documented, and already in use by some customers - if you're curious you can look at the ListGrid.addEmbeddedComponent/removeEmbeddedComponent APIs in ListGrid.js (and you can call them now in SmartClient, or in SmartGWT via JSNI).
          Is this the recommended solution for a hierarchy of nested components, or should I be looking at TreeGrid.getExpansionComponent(ListGridRecord r) ?

Thanks.

Comment

You should be looking at ListGrid/TreeGrid.getExpansionComponent if it addresses your use case.

Comment

Working...
            X