Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Implement readonly attribute for TEXTAREA

please implement readonly attribute for text area so that the scroll can be enable without enabling the TextAreaItem.

this is very very useful when user has read-only access to system forms, and cannot get the compete information because the scroll-bar is not enabled, due to TextAreaItem being disabled.

thanks

I wish for every formitem to support readOnly (in respect to the native browser readOnly property).

The biggest disadvantage of enable/disable is that a user cannot select the value to copy/paste, something readOnly does support.

A true readOnly field should show up as a normal FormItem (so not transformed into static text), with the value icon and value editor still enabled (as OP's remark on TextAreaItem's scrollbars), but the value should be greyed out and selectable.

Comment

This will be added at some point as a built-in feature, but for now, it's easy to do yourself: add a change() handler that rejects all changes, and use CSS to get the "grayed-out" text effect.

Comment

I would also like to see this incorporated

Comment

I like this also to be added

gr. Martin

Comment

Any target version in this feature to be added ?

Comment

It's vitally needed for all types of form text controls! please, please add this feature asap. thank you!

Comment

That would be really usefull!
                ++

Comment

True, using a ChangeHandler that cancels all events I can more or less achieve the desired result. Since users can still set the focus into the textarea and start typing the UX behavior is really bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X