Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

export to exel format will not work

Hello, I am a new developer in smartgwtee. I have been using spartgwt version for a few projects.Now I am developping application where I need axport to excel.

I have installed free trial version, to test excel export.

Now I have a test application with this part of code:

DSRequest dsr = new DSRequest();
    dsr.setExportAs(ExportFormat.CSV);
    dsr.setExportFilename("MyExport.csv");
    dsr.setExportDelimiter(";");
    dsr.setExportDisplay(ExportDisplay.DOWNLOAD);
    lg1.exportData(dsr);

I know that I have a problem with web.xml. Could you send me an example of this file for export ?

THX
    Michal Felgr

In your SmartGWT EE SDK under samples/ there are several pre-configured, working projects. Use one of those.

Be sure also to:
    1. read the QuickStart Guide
    2. read the README in each sample directory for installation information

Comment

I know, but there are a lot of rows. I have tested several, but no success.

I need to have only nesecery records for file downloading....

Could you help me?

THX

Comment

There are lots of rows? Sorry, we really have no idea what you're asking.

Follow the install procedure and export works.

Comment

Here-

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/showcase/#excel_export

Comment

@felgr

Dont waste your time in this forum expecting a help, you will never get proper response from isomorphic. They will reply only when you buy their support.

Also please let me know the answer if you found for this issue, I am also struggling with the same issue which you are facing.

Comment

@felgr fairoz is complete and unequivocally wrong - Support answers questions from users without support every single day.

However for the best chance of getting help we would recommend not following fairoz' example, as he declines to read the docs, declines to read support's replies, and then is very rude (see his other posts for samples). This is, of course, the way to guarantee that Support will not provide help.

Comment

@Isomorphic, I have been using third-party components from long and I know how to learn and use them properly. As far as you mentioned about reading your documentation and guidelines, those documents are nothing more than a joke.

Yes I have been rude and you people forced me to do so, I know how much I have struggled because of incomplete information given and in future I will never recommend any of my client to use SmartGWT in their project.

Comment

People routinely compliment our documentation. All indications are that you are at best skimming the docs, and you continue to fail to post required information, and when support tries to help you out anyway, you don't follow the recommend troubleshooting steps.

If you behave this way you cannot be helped. By anyone.

You can of course recommend against SmartGWT as you see fit, but you will be doing your colleagues a disservice and some of them will figure this out.

Comment

You keep on defending yourself but the truth is truth. Many people struggle with smartGWT support and finally give-up. People can see the example of Isomorphic excellent support in the below threads...

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=21691

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=20859&page=2

Note : They might reply to these threads now to make us wrong.

Comment

By all means, look at those threads. It's very obvious why each has received no further replies. Indeed, we used the second one as an example of you ignoring support's requests for information :)

Comment

Working...
                      X