Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

We're not sure what problem vtran27 was trying to solve, but it's not the right solution - it's basically just direct use of FusionCharts, and won't support mobile because it directly loads a .swf.

In the Showcase for nightly eval builds you'll find several Charting examples under the folder "Charting". These show the right approach, and support mobile.

Comment

Please do pardon my ignorance, but the samples I see all seem to illustrate usage of FacetCharts. Am I missing some obvious translation to FusionCharts?

Comment

There's no FusionChart wrapper for SGWT yet. However, why are you trying to use FusionCharts instead of FacetChart here? There are some feature gaps (notably Pie charts), however, FacetCharts work on mobile, have significant feature advantages, are where all new features will appear in the future, and don't require the purchase of an additional product.

Comment

I'm not sure I would. I'm evaluating options. A previous reply to this thread reads,

Originally posted by Isomorphic
          This is no longer needed for SmartGWT. The latest builds have FusionChart support ...
          So I was looking for the FusionChart support to be in a better place to make a case.

For what it's worth, I can see FacetCharts competing in the long term, but I'm reasonably certain that if I were to demo one of the FacetCharts alongside a FusionChart tomorrow morning, my stakeholders wouldn't hesitate to choose FusionCharts, no matter what I said. No offense. They're just slick.

I understand that you don't generally publish your roadmap, but it might help to know where charting is headed and when. e.g., to your point: when might they expect a simple pie chart?

Comment

We do plan the addition of gradients to our charts, which will make them visually more similar to Fusion. Don't have a firm ETA for this (or for Pie Charts) but it's a priority.

However, note that functionally we have a number of advantages - see this blog post.

Also consider error bars, logarithmic scaling, and other features demonstrated in the samples. In some cases you will find these features in FusionCharts, but because they have a strategy of creating each chart as an individual component, there are lots of gaps (eg error bars only available on a chart that doesn't support other features you need).

Comment

As of the next nightly build, FacetChart supports Pie and Doughnut modes, including multi-series display (multiple pie charts, or for "stacked" mode, concentric circles).

Comment

"Bar" charts (horizontal bars as opposed to columns) are now supported as well as of tomorrow's nightly.

Gradient effects are being added very shortly.

Comment

I have downloaded nighly build for 11 th May and I dont see the new chart types, pie,bar and DOUGHNUT. However they are present in the showcase.war for tha same nightly.

I see the following line in my server logs :

= 2011-05-17 13:17:45,425 [main] INFO ISCInit - Isomorphic SmartClient Framework (SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-05-10/EVAL Deployment 2011-05-10) - Initialization Complete

so its infact using appropriate jars. I don't see the new chart types in the right click on the graph too. Am I missing something here ?

Thanks.

Comment

You probably updated only some of your .jars with new .jars. Update them all, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                      Gradient effects are being added very shortly.
                      Will this be a 2.5 feature then?

Comment

Yes. Nightlies have actually had gradients for some time.

Comment

Hi All

Im new to the smartGWT i have to use fusion charts in application
                          i have downloaded some sample code for genration of the charts and its working fine
                          but when im trying to set my own content to the charts its throwing error

so what all steps i need to follow for using the charts

i have downloaded gfccharts-smart.jar
                          thanx in advance

Comment

Working...
                          X